Elton John net worth composed of the British musician’s extreme popularity and commercial success is now $450 million that makes him the second most affluent singer in the United Kingdom.
There is a lot to say about Sir Elton Hercules John, a talented rock singer, composer, pianist and eventually an occasional actor.
Much to his fans’ surprise, Elton along with his father Stanley and mother Sheila Eileen Dwight had to spend his childhood at Sheila’s parent’s residence on account of the parents’ having no house of their own. Born in Pinner, the singer attended his parents’ marriage ceremony just because his parents got married when he was six. Elton’s formal education began at Pinner Country Grammar School, and later he attended Reddiford School until his 17 years of age.
Marriage– A tale of legitimate homosexuality:
John’s marital life is stained with the famous yet controversial homosexual bond. However, he married Renata Blauel, a German recording engineer. After the three-year conjugal relationship, he divorced Renata Blauel in 1988. In 1993, he happened to be in a homosexual relationship with David Furnish, a filmmaker. In 2005, the couple joined in a merely civil partnership.
Career– A gradual yet potent move to rise as an iconic musician:
At the age of seven, he started taking formal piano lessons which eventually brought him a scholarship to the Royal Academy of Music in London when he was eleven. In 1966, he was in a long-term collaboration with Bernie Taupin, a promising songwriter.
Empty Sky was John’s first album released in 1969 and Elton John was the second one released in 1970. Afterwards, John’s seven consecutive albums brought him a solid glory by standing on top of the charts between the years of 1972 and 1975. The success story continued with the same amount of admiration and skills which are the major factors to drive the Elton John net worth.
In 1994, he created the music for The Lion King which was a Disney animated movie that earned him a Grammy Award. It was also certified as “diamond” 1999 because of its large sales volume consisting around fifteen million copies. He re-released his classic “Candle in the Wind” to commemorate the departure of Princess Diana in 1997.
When the 1973 classic got released as a 1997 version, the new one earned the status of the best-selling track in the recording history. The singer won a Grammy award only for the Best Male Pop Recording.
After all how much does money Elton John make a year?
In 1992, John and Taupin earned a record-breaking cash advance by signing a $39-million contract with Warner Bros. With 250 million records, John did not seem to stop touring, composing for the stage performances and releasing hit albums.
As a songwriter, he seems to be far better than most of his contemporary artists. Between the years of 1970 to 1982, he successfully bagged four Brit Awards, six Grammy Awards, a Golden Globe Award, a Tony Award and an Academy Award. With his 30 different hit tracks among the 40 top charts, John proved that Elton John net worth best reflects his flamboyance quite remarkably. However, how much John makes a year is not yet confirmed by any authentic source.
So, how much is Elton John worth?
The singer does not just earn money only, he spends too and quite lavishly. He owns a few houses, but he and his partner jointly have several houses and high-quality properties.
Here is a list of John’s assets:
- Venice apartment, a grand Italian apartment with several well-decorated rooms.
- Holland Park house, a Victorian architectural residence with 500 antique collectibles and furniture, a vast collection of artistic photographs. The collectibles when sold brought John 1.4 million pounds.
- Sierra Towers Apartment, a Hollywood condo with art collections and vintage murano glass. John sold the house for $4.65 million.
- Old Windsor estate, an Anne-style residence with 8 bedrooms and 37 acres covered area consisting of white-scented gardens, an 18th century orchid, a secret garden, tennis courts, and a roman terrace.
- Park Place condo with famous collection of photographs and an ancient Roman style bedroom.
- Trousdale Estate, a lavish property owned by John and his partner.
- Beverly Hills Home, a $7.70 million child-friendly residence purchased by John and his partner filmmaker David.
- French Riviera Villa, a luxury abode of the singer.
Cars – Being passion possessions of the singer:
- 1993 Jaguar XJ220, a top speedy car that fetched John $324,289.14. The car has a top speed of 213 mph.
- 1973 Rolls-Royce Phantom VI, car worth $151,780.64 with 36-speaker stereo system.
- 1956 Bentley S1 Continental, a silver colored car that brought Elton $270,491.78.
- Ferrari Testarossa, a gift to the singer from his favorite record company.
- Audi R8, a car that John auctioned to earn $855,422.74 which he spent for the Elton John AIDS Foundation.
- Pink Rolls Royce Phantom V, a car that he announced would be auctioned.
John has a great collection of photographs. His most famous and craziest The Man Ray Photograph Tears’ gelatin silver print cost him $165,331.89. The singer has also a huge collection consisting of thousands of different types of sunglasses.
Elton John’s physical measurements:
Height: 173 cm
Weight: 68 kilos
Hair color: Grey
Eye color: Dark Brown
Star Sign: Aries
He boasts an exemplary career that continues to enthrall millions of listeners across the globe for as much as four decades.